November 2018 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Our Chairman, Jonathan Young, is standing down at our May AGM, after 10 years of dedicated service to the JTPTrust. So we are urgently seeking a new Chairperson to take the Trust forward.
We are looking for an experienced volunteer who can represent the vision and purpose of the JTPTrust in all that we do, who can preside over 4 Executive Committee Meetings per year and who will liaise with the JTPTrust Artistic Direcor to ensure that the Trust runs in accordance with Charity Commission guidelines.
JTPTrust is a registered Charity whose purpose is to ‘promote, improve, develop and maintain standards of singing’ . Presently, this is in and around the Swindon area, (through the Constitution gives scope for The geographical area to be wider).
Interested parties please contact JTPTrust Director Janice V Thompson on firstname.lastname@example.org for full details
Here is the Job Spec:
The Janice Thompson Performance Trust – Chairperson Role Description.
The Chairperson has a strategic voluntary role to play in representing the vision and purpose of the Trust. The Chairperson ensures that the Trust Committee functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
Ensure the Trust Committee functions properly
● To plan and run meetings in accordance with the Trust’s Constitution.
● To ensure matters are dealt with in an orderly, efficient manner.
● To bring impartiality and objectivity to meetings and decision-making.
Ensure the Trust is managed effectively
● To liaise with the Director of the JTPT, as appropriate, to keep an overview of the Trust’s affairs.
● To co-ordinate the Trustees and members of the Executive Committee to ensure responsibilities for particular aspects of management (e.g. personnel matters, financial control, child protection etc) are met.
● To facilitate change and address conflict within the organisation, liaising with the Director to achieve this.
Represent the organisation
● To communicate effectively the vision and purpose of the Trust.
● To represent the Trust at events.
● To invite dignitaries to events and write letters/e-mails of thanks.
● To be aware of current issues that might affect the Trust.
Qualities and Skills Required
● Good leadership skills.
● Good communication and interpersonal skills.
● Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
● Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
● Good time-keeping.
● Tact and diplomacy.
● Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a Trust Committee.
● Experience of organisational and people management.
4 annnual meetings
3 main events